West Fargo Main Avenue Reconstruction Moves Completely into Phase 1A
Project Update for: Main Avenue, West Fargo
April 20, 2012
The North Dakota Department of Transportation (NDDOT) – Fargo District – would like to update the traveling public on the West Fargo Main Avenue reconstruction project. Starting Monday, April 23 at 7AM CST, the project will move into the second half of Phase 1A and the following will occur:
- Traffic will be re-directed to the north frontage between 45th St. E. to 12th St. E. Traffic will now be head-to-head, one lane in each direction on this stretch of the frontage road.
- Traffic will still be re-directed to the south frontage road from 12th St. E. through 5th St. E.
- The south frontage road between 17th St. E. and 45th St. N. will remain open to traffic with one lane in each direction.
With traffic lights removed and four-way stops signs present, motorists should anticipate congestion and may experience brief delays.
The traveling public should use caution when traveling through the construction zone. Flaggers are present in the work zoneand speeds are reduced to 25 mph.
To follow the project progression, please visit the project phase maps. Link found here: MAP
The scope of work for 2012 includes the complete reconstruction of Main Ave. between 6th St. E. and 45th St. N., including removal of most of the frontage road.
The need for the Main Ave. reconstruction is driven by a number of deficiencies along the project corridor. These include deteriorated pavement, poor intersection geometrics, uncontrolled access, inadequate drainage and a lack of pedestrian/bicycle facilities.
Weather dependent, project work will continue through Oct. 2012.
The direct link for scope and purpose of this project is found at: http://www.nddotfargo.com/projects/main-avenue-west-fargo
# # #
Stay updated– motorists have the option to choose the way they prefer to receive instant alerts about NDDOT projects in the Fargo metro area.
- Text ‘FargoDOT’ to 66746 to receive alerts on your mobile device for Fargo area DOT projects.
- Like the NDDOT Fargo district Facebook page and follow us on Twitter to get project updates in your news feed.
- Visit NDDOTFargo.com for project information, detour maps and the latest project status. You can sign up to receive email updates on the website.
December 7, 2012
November 16, 2012
November 5, 2012
September 18, 2012
August 31, 2012
August 28, 2012
August 17, 2012
August 6, 2012
August 3, 2012
July 21, 2012
July 16, 2012
July 10, 2012